4 Simple Steps to Purchasing
Purchasing residential real estate can be a very exciting time, however it can be a confusing time for all parties.
As you may be aware, different agencies can have different procedures and standards. We would like to inform you of the general buying process.
Property owners receive all types of interest - some genuine, some not. This can lead to frustration and concern for the owners as they try to assess who is actually a genuine buyer.
The best way to present a strong offer on any property is to follow the steps below which will allow you to understand what is required.
All offers must be presented to the owner in writing. All purchase details filled in correctly for the contract to be signed.
[ ] STEP 1 - PROVIDE YOUR FULL DETAILS:
- The purchase price you will pay
- The amount and method of payment for the deposit
- The settlement period that your require
- The name of your chosen Conveyancer
- The name of your financial institution for Finance
- Any special conditions or requests
[ ] STEP 2 - CONFIRM YOUR TIME FRAME:
- Find out if the property has a deadline on it, such as when all offers will be presented to the owner
[ ] STEP 3 - FINANCE
- A pre-approval finance letter from your bank or lending institution is certainly an advantage when putting an offer on a property.
[ ] STEP 4 - MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE STAMP DUTY IN FIGURES
Your chosen Conveyancer can help you with this.
Once an agreement on the price, settlement date, conditions, etc has been reached with the owners, the sale can proceed. An exchange of signed contracts is the only way to actually buy or sell real estate.
Preparation is the key. Understand the steps of sale and having everything in place is imperative to reaching your property goals.
Whether you are considering purchasing this property or are looking for another property in the near future and you become in need of real estate advice, please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.
We are available to assist you.